The #1 source for news for Dominion High School students and the Dominion High School community in Sterling, VA

DHS Press

DHS Press

DHS Press

Club Spotlight: The Titan Art Assosiation

The art club meets on alternating Wednesdays after school in room 704.
The+Titan+Art+Association+had+their+interest+meeting+and+are+urging+people+to+join+the+club.+
The Titan Art Association had their interest meeting and are urging people to join the club.

The Titan Art Association (also known as The Art Club) is a group of students coming together despite skill level to express themselves through art whether it is random pieces or a service project. The only requirement to join the Art Club is “a positive attitude,” Co-President Gabriella Cordova-Ramirez said. The Art Club meets in the art room (704) “every other Wednesday after school until 5:30,” according to Cordova-Ramirez. 

The mission behind the Art Club is “to create a fun environment where people can come and do art even if they’re not good at art,” Co-President Bita Soltani said. This year the Art Club hopes to advertise and recruit much more. “We just want the club to be more active this year and we want more coordinated and planned events,” Soltani added.

The Art Club is accepting and inviting of anyone with an interest in art. According to Senior Chase Bochenek, people should join the art club because “it’s a very supportive place for people of all art [skill] levels to learn new things.”