Boost Your Academic Productivity

As the world becomes increasingly reliant on technology, some students fall behind on finding practical uses for their cell phones and iPads. A multitude of free and low costing apps can be installed on one’s phone that make school infinitely easier and a lot less stressful. Here is a list of helpful academic apps that can aid students in a variety of classes.

• The Chemical Touch – This app is obviously helpful for chemistry students, as it features an interactive periodic table that includes information about a chemical’s properties and is in color so as to depict periodic trends. This app cost $0.99 and is available for IOS devices.
  • Essentials by AccelaStudy – This app helps foreign language students the most since it includes premade flashcards for learning vocabulary and audio quizzes to help with speech and pronunciation. This app is free.
  • Evernote Peek – Makes electronic flash cards with a “virtual” cover on the iPad so as to practice and memorize class material with more time to spare, since the process of hand writing can take so long. This app is free.
  • Graphing Calculator – Simply works as an expensive graphing calculator would by plotting equations on a graph and can also allow for screenshots of graphs for you to send to yourself later. This app is only $2.99, a great deal when compared to the cost of a real graphing calculator.
  • Math Formulas – Makes frequently used math formulas accessible and includes additional information about calculus, probability, and geometry all for $0.99.
  • Easel SAT Prep Lite – Rather than spending hundreds of dollars on an SAT prep class, one can simply use this app, which three twenty-five question sections along with a “show me” function that explains how to obtain the correct answer. This app is free.
  • Studious – Acts as a revamped planner by allowing the user to set up due dates for big assignments, reminders for exams, and can even silence a cell phone based on the information entered in its calendar. This app is free.