The #1 source for news for Dominion High School students and the Dominion High School community in Sterling, VA

DHS Press

DHS Press

DHS Press

Chick-FAIL-A

Chick-fil-A’s newest menu items left me with some serious complaints.
    Callie Stravinski
    Top 10 moments before disaster.

Known for their fried and grilled chicken less than a mile away, Chick-fil-A has been a constant staple of Dominion students’ diet. After a classmate mentioned Chick-fil-A having recently welcomed the Honey Pimento Pepper Chicken sandwich and the Caramel Crumble milkshake, I was immediately intrigued.

While the Honey Pimento Pepper Chicken sandwich has a promising name, the end result, however, was not. The Pimento cheese was not mixed well, creating chunks of cheddar cheese and pepper on top of my sandwich, not allowing me to fully taste the cheese. The only thing the honey was a part of was the name; the sandwich had absolutely no honey flavor. On the sandwich itself, the liquid from the cheese soaked into the bun, creating a soggy mess, leaving the bread falling apart as I ate…

To pair with the chicken sandwich, I tried the Caramel Crumble milkshake, resulting in my vote to stay on the menu. A taste comparison would be the Halo Top sea-salt caramel ice cream, minus the pieces of blondie in the milkshake. With the milky sweet taste of the vanilla ice cream, blended with caramel and butterscotch flavors, it resulted in a tasty end-of-summer treat.

Save yourself the 24 hours of torture and stay away from the Honey Pimento Pepper Chicken Sandwich.