Top Holiday Things To Do Over Break

As+the+holidays+approach%2C+Mount+Vernon+hosts+a+candlelit+tour+for+visitors.+

mountvernon.com

As the holidays approach, Mount Vernon hosts a candlelit tour for visitors.

With a long Winter Break this year, Dominion students will have more free time to check out local holiday events in the area ranging from in-car light shows to a historical estate lit up with Holiday cheer. 

A 2.5 mile long light show, Centreville’s Bull Runs festival of lights gives people the opportunity to view gorgeous and vibrant holiday light displays. A stark comparison to the local homes’ holiday lights, students should check out these lights, for a unique experience from the comfort and warmth of their car. 

• Price: $30-75
  • Dates: November 11, 2022- January 8, 2023
    • Monday- Thursday 5:30 to 9:30 PM
    • Friday-Sunday and Holiday nights 5:30-10 PM
  • Location: 7700 Bull Run Dr, Centreville, VA 20121

https://www.novaparks.com/events/bull-run-festival-of-lights

Located on the center of 8th and F street, DC’s Downtown Holiday Market has 70+ exhibits to peruse through while enjoying live music. The market is on its 18th year and features food, artisan makers, clothes and jewelry exhibits An easy and fun way to get some of your holiday shopping done, DC’s Holiday market with a way to get your holiday cheer on! 

• Price: Free
  • Dates: Opened from 12-8 PM till December, 23
  • 8th Street & F Street, Washington DC

https://www.novaparks.com/events/winter-walk-of-lights

Wear the iconic blue parka, and enjoy 2 million pounds of colorful and shaped ice, ICE! At Gaylord National. Gaylord hosts all kinds of winter related activities, such as ice slides and ice sculptures, and attendees can enjoy a walk through a 17,000 square foot Christmas Story experience. Unlike anything else in the area, ICE! At Gaylord National is a unique way to celebrate the holidays

• Price: 27.99-44.99$
  • Dates: November,  20- December, 30
  • 201 Waterfront St, Oxon Hill, MD 20745

https://christmasatgaylordnational.marriott.com/ice

• Mount Vernon by Candlelight- Enjoy George Washington’s Mount Vernon estate with a candlelight tour this holiday season. The estate is filled with historical reenactors, as well as, listen to the holiday traditions of this famous estate and enjoy seasonal refreshments. In elementary school some students have visited George Washington’s estate, they are now able to view it in a different perspective with it decorated for the holidays and the opportunity to enjoy seasonal, historical refreshments. 
  • Ice and Lights Winter Village- An enjoyable, family activity in which you have the ability to look at elaborate light displays, along with, enjoying the outdoor iceskating rink too. When you are done with that, you can enjoy seasonal refreshments at the Slice & Ice. Students have the opportunity to enjoy the best of two wintery wonderland  worlds, with a mixture of ice skating and light displays at Cameron Run Regional Park’s Ice and Lights Winter Village.