My Glowing Experience at the Dance

This past Saturday, April 14th, was the annual glow dance at Dominion High School, from 9-12 pm. This dance is put on as a means of allowing students to have a good time, while engaging with the foreign exchange students to make them feel more involved in Dominion and an American public school.

I did not attend last year, because I did not know if people would show up. Although, my friends went and told me how much fun they had. The gymnasium was decorated, lights were flashing, the new hits were blasting and students were jumbled in a circle singing at the top of their lungs.

My friends and I decided to go and make the most out of it. We got there, and hardly anyone was there… about an hour later a lot more people showed up, making it much more enjoyable. I was surprised to see only half of the gymnasium available for the dance, since homecoming took up the whole space.

The foreign exchange students made their way to the dance; it was exciting to see them make the most of their time. Some of them were having more fun than the Dominion students! A little later in the night, around 10 pm, the dance team came and performed a few songs which got people more motivated to dance.

People would make huge circles, so that those who pleased could go in the middle, while everyone else cheered them on. The exchange students attracted even bigger crowds when they went to the center of the circle. My friends and I would also make our own little circles, making it easier to socialize.

Overall, the dance was a success, but it could have used come improvements regarding the DJ and free food, making it more worth the money. I recommend going to the glow dance next year. It is a great way to be involved at Dominion and makes for an entertaining Saturday night out with friends.