Message from the Administration: Homecoming Week

Atlas’s Column is a guest opinion column. The views and opinions expressed in the column are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of DHSPress.com.
As our annual celebration of Spirit Week and Homecoming rapidly approaches, I have asked our student government (SCA) to re-invent the manner in which we honor students on the homecoming court. We purpose to align our process with the LCPS vision to empower students to make meaningful contributions to the world.

Our past practices in regard to selection of homecoming court fall short of making a connection to the values embodied by our school’s mission to promote leadership, service, character, respect, and excellence for each and every Titan. Without a clear set of criteria for the selection of individuals to represent our school during the homecoming celebration, we have missed an opportunity to highlight the significance of these values.

As SCA refines our plan for Spirit Week 2017, it will be our intention to rally the entire student body around a cause that will energize our efforts to lead lives of significance throughout the entire school year. The individuals selected for the Homecoming Court will promote our pursuit of an  inspiring need that we, together, may be able to meet. Stay tuned for a new, and more exciting, chapter of Dominion High School history to be made.