The #1 source for news for Dominion High School students and the Dominion High School community in Sterling, VA

DHS Press

DHS Press

DHS Press

Q&A with New Assistant Principal Dr. Jason Allison

This fall Dr. Jason Allison, a new assistant principal, is excited to get back into administrating a traditional High School.
Sebastian Puentes
New assistant Principal Jason Allison started at Dominion in the fall of 2023.

Did you always plan on going into teaching?

I Did not actually. Surprisingly, I got into teaching because I wanted to coach football. Then, as I was teaching and coaching I wanted to pursue an administrative role.

Before you started as assistant principal where were you and what was your position?

I taught history for six years, I taught for two years at Greenville County High School. I taught four more years with Suffolk public schools and Hampton Roads. That year, the year 2012, I was promoted to assistant principal in the same school that I was a teacher and a coach in. Then in 2014, I moved to the Charlottesville area, and was a high school assistant principal for Madison County Public Schools. Fall of 2019, I applied to Loudoun schools and became the assistant principal at the Douglas school. And then as Douglas school closed, and we opened the North Star school, we transition to that building. Then this school year, I became obviously the AP [Assistant Principal] here at dominion.”

How long have you been teaching for?

I taught social studies for six years.

Are there any changes you want to implement at Dominion this year?

I think my first year here is [going to be] a lot of listening and learning, a lot of observations and just really getting an understanding of how the school operates and just looking for any opportunities to enhance the program as a whole. So I think probably one of the biggest things this year [assistant principals] will be listening, learning, talking with people, and maybe next year [I will] have some ideas to maybe make a few changes.

What are you most looking forward to this year? Why?

I spent the last four years at [The North Star School] in Loudoun. I think the thing I was looking forward to the most this year was getting back to a traditional high school.

What is one thing you want the DHS community to know about you?

Every decision that I make or we make as a leadership team is always in the best interest of students.

Is there anything else I should know about you?

I think that my plan is to be here for a long time and just really enjoy what I do.