Person Returns to LCPS

Sara Holland

Jim Person returns to be the long-term sub for Mrs. Vereb while she will be on maternity leave.

The return of Jim Person in LCPS happened on May 1st as he fills in for assistant principal Mrs. Vereb. Assistant principal Monika Vereb, will be on maternity leave, and is expected to be back in August.  The former Stone Bridge principal will be filling in for Mrs.Vereb while she is out.

Person was previously the Principal at Park View High School in 1991 and then moved to open Stone Bridge in 1999. He has also been the assistant principal at Loudoun Valley (1978-86) and Loudoun County as well (1989-91). After retiring as the Principal of Stone Bridge in June of 2014, Mr. Person is back to continue his tenure with Loudoun County Public Schools to fill in as  an assistant principal here at Dominion. “The excitement and energy of what goes on in schools where no two days are alike and staying connected with the people-students, staff, and even parents—many of whom it turns out were former students of mine or staff members are what I miss most,” Person said.

Mr. Person and Mrs. Vereb previously worked together at Stone Bridge, and Mrs. Vereb has no doubt that Mr. Person will fit in seamlessly with the Dominion staff and students. “He’s amazing at forming relationships, so I think the kids will love him,” she said.

In her absence, Mr. Person will help teachers and help students, making sure that things continue to run smoothly in the halls of Dominion. “Between [Dr. Brewer, Mr. Signorelli and Mrs. Braxton] and Ms. Vereb, I’m sure I’ll be in very good hands with people who can guide me on aspects of the ‘Titan Way’ as pertains to my assistant principal role,” Person said.

Throughout his years working with Loudoun County Public Schools, Mr. Person is well respected amongst faculty and students. There is  a Loudoun Times article dedicated to Person, that shows his popularity amongst the students at Stone Bridge High School.

https://www.loudountimes.com/news/stone-bridge-principal-jim-person-reflects-on-years-of-service/article_71dae77e-1a53-51b6-a4f4-e494dda883e0.html

When Person is not working as an assistant principal he often spends his time with family and friends. “I love to read and travel and am an avid history buff.  Going to ball games and movies and museums, concerts, plays, or lectures to hear interesting speakers is fun for me,” Person said.

Mr. Person is well known amongst the Dominion administration and is excited to begin work at Dominion on Wednesday, “I get a chance to repay her for things she did there for others and this way she now gets to mentor and guide me.”