Latin Dance Becomes a Club

Earlier this year, the Latin Dance Team announced that they will be disbanding due to a lack of interest. After some thinking however, Mr. Ulloa and the eight students at the meeting decided to change it from a team to a club.

There was a meeting with Mr. Ulloa and 8 students where they discussed the future of Latin Dance at Dominion and decided it would be better to make it a club because there would be less stress on the students to be there.

One of the changes is the schedule. In previous years, the Latin Dance Team would practice four times a week, and that takes up a lot of time for high school students. The new schedule has practices once a week: every Monday from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm.

The biggest change however will be that there are no more competitions. Before, students would compete continuously, but this year they aren’t competing at all. “We used to do local shows, but it’s not as intense now,” Mr. Ulloa, the Latin Dance Team sponsor, said. The club will only be performing at pep rallies now.

“I think it is good because at least there is going to be a Latin Dance, and this way there is not much commitment needed,” said Carlos Justo, a senior in the club.

“It is ok, it is good to know we have a lot more kids interested, but as far as having a club it is not going to be the same as having a team,” said Mr. Ulloa.