The #1 source for news for Dominion High School students and the Dominion High School community in Sterling, VA

DHS Press

DHS Press

DHS Press

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour Film is Enchanting

Swift’s Eras Tour concert film arrived at theaters across the globe on October 13th.
Paolo Villanueva
Taylor Swift performed the Eras Tour across the US in 2023 after the release of her newest original album Midnights.

It’s been a long time coming and it’s finally here. For just $19.89, fans can watch Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour film in theaters and experience nearly all of the show that traveled across the country in the 2023 USA leg of the tour.

Swift has more fans than 53 sold out stadium shows can accommodate, making the Era’s Tour film the perfect opportunity for fans who couldn’t get tickets to experience the concert. Not everyone survived the “Great Ticketmaster War,” as Swifties call it, and many couldn’t afford to pay a small fortune to see their favorite artist perform, but the film managed to translate the feel of a real concert with ear-buzzing speakers and singing swifties to the left and right.

The expectations for the fans were also the same as they were for the concert: make and trade friendship bracelets, dress up in a Swift inspired costume, and sing along with the world-famous artist. Many fans also left their seats to gather in the front of the theater, making a dance floor inside the theater, furthering the faux concert experience.

With Swift as a global pop sensation, clips of the Eras Tour concerts circulated on Instagram and Tiktok alike, letting fans at home share in the festivities in comment sections. Despite the extensive videos of Swift performing available online, depending on your experience, parts of the concert may still remain a mystery until you see it in sequential order.

Many videos online of the concert focused on Swift, as is expected, but what fans couldn’t fully appreciate from home was the amazing group of dancers that accompanied the artist on tour. 

For any fans who did manage to get tickets but seated far from the stage, there’s a chance that a seat in a movie theater will give you a better view of the concert than nose-bleeds can.

The film offers a new and unique way to experience Swift’s impressive discography, so it’s worth it to carve out time for the almost three hour concert film.