Choir Goes Out In Style

The annual Pops Concert returns on June 1 to signal an end to the year.

Courtesy Yearbook Staff

Seen here at the winter assembly, choir students will take the stage for the last time this year at the Pops Concert.

The end of the year is always full of activities and this year is no exception. Color Wars, Pep Rallies, AP exams, and Titan Theater’s recent “Vintage Hitchcock.” These events are those that have filled the end of the 2022 school year for Dominion.

However, there is still an eagerly awaited event left, the Pops Concert, which will be held on June 1 at 7pm in the auditorium and free for everyone to enjoy the music. 

“[It’s] a great way to wrap up the year, give the students a sense of accomplishment, allow them an opportunity to reflect on how much they’ve grown,” choir director My Van-Nyugen said, 

The final concert is more important and special than ever to thesestudents, as last year they were unable to perform.

Senior choir member Mary Chandler Northcutt said,  “It’s hard to put into words how it feels,” noting that it will be a highlight to be able to perform the “Pops” concert, since she hadn’t had the chance to perform it in-person since her freshman year.

“I’ve been so, so grateful to be in a physical classroom every class and have felt that my singing skills, which definitely deteriorated a bit during online school, have only been strengthened,” Northcutt said.

It’s clear that while the world is not quite back to normal, both the choir is ready to go out with a bang.

The “Pops” concert will feature music from movies, especially the Disney film “Encanto”, according to Nyugen.