A Letter From The Editor

Editor In Chief, Caroline Brandt, welcomes you to the new site of DHS Press.

Welcome to the new website of Dominion High School’s student newspaper, “DHS Press.” We are excited to unveil the product of our hard work for the past few months.

This year, the staff and I decided to go a different direction with the paper, focusing on visual aspects such as video and pictures, a new website, and a total rebranding effort of our paper.

Many remember “The Torch” as Dominion’s student newspaper. After the 10th anniversary of our school last year, we decided it was time for a change. “The Torch” became “DHS Press,” highlighting our school’s name and the people behind the effort that goes into the paper: the press.

As Editor-In-Chief of DHS Press, I strive to make this year the best year for the student newspaper in Dominion’s history. Complete with a dedicated, hard-working staff, visual appeal, and captivating news stories, I believe we can make this happen.

With a larger staff this year, we have the means running more news stories, providing more information, featuring important events, and providing entertainment for the entire student body, as well as parents, teachers, and other members of the community.

To make this the best year ever for our newspaper, we need your help. By reading and sharing our articles, you can make this goal happen.

Looking forward to the best year ever.