B Button Used to Support Brewer

Many staff members are wearing silver and black buttons with the letter “B” on them in support of Dr. Brewer and his return.

Teachers are wearing them in support of Dr. Brewer hoping that he comes back soon. “We really need our principal back,” Troth said. The staff wants students to see them wearing the buttons “to show that we have a united front here,” said TJ Magill, the athletic secretary.

“Hopefully it will trigger them [students] to voice their concerns and either protest or show support. I just encourage them to voice their own opinion, to find out the truth the best way they know how, and to also show support for one side or the other of any issue they believe in to show support in the most constructive way, so peaceful protest or unifying with a group of people is always good,” Troth said.

They were made, “in support of Dr. Brewer,” Mr. Baker said. “I think it’s important for everyone, students included to know that he [Brewer] has staff that supports him,” Mrs. Scipioni said. The staff wants to show that, “We are all a team, we are all a family, so we are supporting each other,” Ms. Orellana said.

“We just ask for the support of the students and the parents in the community as we try and figure out what’s going on and we appreciate any support from other areas as well,” Troth said.

On December 12, students made a sign outside the cafeteria that reading “What Dr. Brewer Means to Us” along with signatures from many members of the Titan community, students and staff. Students brought it to show at the school board meeting on Tuesday to show support for Dr. Brewer.

Along with Ms. Owens and Ms. Bowers, Mr. Baker fashioned the buttons at his home. After the trio made the buttons, they were distributed to staff many of whom have pinned them on their badge.