What You Missed: Week of March 18th

Teen arrested for alleged threats targeting black, minority students at a Charlottesville school

In Charlottesville, Virginia, police arrested a 17 year old high school student who has made racist threats against black and Hispanic students at Charlottesville High School. The 17 year old posted anonymously on a website threatening the ethnic groups of the high school using inappropriate and derogatory language. Charlottesville close all public schools on Thursday and Friday to investigate further into these threats.

United Airlines now offers nonbinary gender options for travelers booking flights

On Friday, March 22, United Airlines have announced that they will have an option to select a non-binary gender while booking flights and purchasing tickets. The company is trying to become more welcoming and are planning to provide more training for their employees to make the experience with United Airlines more enjoyable and comfortable for people with any gender identity.

Chick-fil-A banned from opening at San Antonio airport, council members cite LGBTQ issues

San Antonio International Airport has banned Chick-fil-a from opening a restaurant in the airport due to this history of anti-LGBTQ behavior. On thursday, March 21, San Antonio City Council approved a new agreement with the airport to open a new fast food chain in on of its terminals. The replacement for Chick-fil-a will be decided at a later date.