The #1 source for news for Dominion High School students and the Dominion High School community in Sterling, VA

Dominion High School Press

Fantasy Football Talk: Week 10

As we approach play-offs in fantasy football leagues, injuries and poor performances are starting to take massive tolls on player’s fantasy value and highly upgrading others. With week 10 approaching fast here is what you should do to start to prepare the end of the season. Fantasy point totals based on basic non-ppr ESPN point system.

Must Start: Ben Roethlisberger against the Colts. I know he is not performing up to his normal standards only averaging 12.7 points, but hey, it’s a Colts pass defense. The Colts have allowed the most passing yards this season so far and giving up 280 passing yards a game. With that said, to top it off, Roethlisberger and company have one of the most dynamic offenses in football with so many weapons including Le’veon, Antonio Brown, and JuJu Smith-Schuster. All these weapons and not enough talent on the Colts defense, start as many Steelers, especially Roethlisberger, as possible.

Leonard Fournette against the Chargers. The Chargers are allowing the third most yards per carry (4.7) and are ranked 5th in total amount of rushing yards allowed this season. An angry Fournette will look to tear apart a weak front 7 in Los Angeles after unexpectedly being benched last week. Trust me, every time he gets a carry his goal is going to be to run over the entire Chargers defense.

Panthers D/ST against the Dolphins. A new scary looking defense is emerging in Carolina. Ranked as the 10th best defense, and have already posted double digit points in 5 games this year. Then we bring up the horror which is, the Dolphins offense. Only scoring 14.5 points a game (the lowest in the NFL), the Dolphins just can not seem to figuring things out in their offense. They have the second least amount of yards this season and even with the return of Jay Cutler this week, he is not going to help this offense get back on track.

Sit: Ameer Abdullah against the Browns. Wait, what. Sit a player against the Browns. Why? As surprising as it may seem, the Browns have allowed the 3rd least amount of rushing yards this season and have only allowed 3 rushing touchdowns. Not only are those numbers impressive, they only allowed those numbers against 232 carries against them. That number carries against is 12th most in the league. With 2.9 yards a carry allowed by the Browns (best in the NFL), Abdullah will look to have his numbers extremely low.

Philip Rivers against the Jaguars. The Jaguars pass defense is incredible. They have allowed the least amount of passing yards this season and have allowed the least amount of passing touchdowns this season (4). Rivers is the 15th ranked QB and is averaging 14.9 points per game, Rivers numbers should drop especially since a low amount yards against good passing defense. Touchdowns will be rare for Phillips and company heading into an away game against Jacksonville which should result in a low amount of points.

Brandin Cooks against the Broncos. Cooks has been one of the most consistent wide-outs in all of football this year. Even with Cooks averaging 9.7 points a game, he is about to take a big point hit. The Broncos have allowed the 3rd least amount of passing yards this year and has a knack of containing star wide-receivers. Look to see a very low point total for Cooks away in Denver.

Waiver-wire Pickups: Danny Woodhead. Even though he is still on injured reserve for another week, this is the week to pick up Woodhead. Only owned in 24.4% of leagues, Woodhead has been injured almost all season. With only played about one quarter in week 1, Woodhead recorded 3.4 points, and was getting lots of volume in the Ravens offense. Roster Woodhead before next week so you can have him before he goes off.

Robert Woods, only owned in 53% of leagues, is on a nice hot streak. Woods is averaging 9.25  points a game in his last 4 games and has 5 games with 4 or more receptions. With Woods lots of volume finally being focused towards Woods, he is starting to find the endzone, he is now a top WR find in week 10.

Josh McCown, only owned in 49.8% of leagues, is a top-10 fantasy QB. He is averaging 15.4 points a game and has 17 or more points in his last 4 games. McCown and the Jets are starting to click which makes McCown a great QB pickup for Week 10.