Change.org Petition to Bring Back Brewer

A change.org petition started on December 7, 2016 in support of the movement to bring Dr. Brewer back to Dominion High School after he was recently placed on leave. As of 1:33 PM on December 9, 2016, the petition has 1,342 signatures in support to bring Brewer back to DHS. The petition was originally posted on a “support Dr. Brewer” Facebook page which was made to organize efforts to bring back Dominion’s principal of 13 years after he was placed on leave.

The description of the petition reads: “Dr. Brewer was placed on administrative leave on or about December 3, 2016 without any explanation to the school community.  This action by Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) appears to be related to employment issues surrounding a former employee at Dominion High School. Given the sensitive nature of this issue, we do not request specific information surrounding this decision but we do support Dr. Brewer’s integrity, character and commitment to the Dominion High School community.  Please make sure Dr. Brewer is not treated as a scapegoat in this situation and returns as our Principal as soon as possible before the Christmas holiday.” The petition serves as an outlet to voice opinions and make a change.

On the petition, Diana Swain commented, “The very nature of all that represents Dominion High School is defined by Dr. Brewer. He challenges the students to live a life of significance, and defines what that means for them by exemplifying a life of integrity, commitment, and fairness.” Comments have been made on the petition that vouch for Brewer and demand that he be welcomed back into the Titan community. There is also a plethora of comments from alumni and staff members of the school and across LCPS in support of bringing Brewer back to his position as principal of Dominion High School.

The petition will be sent to a total of three email addresses: Superintendent of LCPS, Eric Williams, Assistant Superintendent of LCPS, Kimberly Hough, and School Board Representative who oversees districts including Dominion, Debbie Rose.

The petition can be found here: https://www.change.org/p/eric-williams-lcps-org-support-dr-brewer