Catch “The Matchmaker” this Weekend

Tonight, dramatically-inclined Dominion students will take the stage and perform the romantic comedy ‘The Matchmaker’. Though they may seem effortless on stage, planning and putting on a multi-night performance takes months of planning and hard work by a lot of people.

Ms. Young and the Dominion Drama department chose ‘The Matchmaker’ for the fall play because “it’s funny and has good roles for students,” Mrs. Young said. The play’s auditions were open to all Dominion students, unlike smaller productions where only drama students were invited.

“We started planning [the play] in the summer,” said Ms. Young, who has worked with students since nearly the beginning of the school year to make sure the production is perfect for opening night Thursday. There are 16 students in the cast, which Young believes is a relatively average number for a high school production. Students are encouraged to come see the play as it is “funny and fun, and to support their friends,” Young said.

The play should be a big hit, what with the large and talented cast and the months of work they have put into making it perfect. It will be performed Thursday, December 3rd, Friday, December 4th, and Saturday, December 5th at 7:30 P.M.

The students acting in the play are, in order of appearance:

Nathan Herbert

Tim Henehan

Annie Begley

Marshall la Morte

Noelle Hunter

Alex Melio

Noah Belachew

Stephanie Whitehouse

Grace Harding

Emily Wilson

Rebecca Williamson

Afrina Aamir

Jurnee Lopez

Ray Rodriguez

Lucas de la Torre

Claire Gleason

Jack Montgomery

Nicolette Polifonte

Ricky Chattell

Kimberly Rodriguez

Lucas delaTorre