Senior Goodbye: Arya Jian-Najar

The past four years have been challenging, frustrating, rewarding, and transformative as I have grown in both knowledge and character. However, it is time for me to say goodbye to my high school years and to Dominion High School as I move on to college, which is actually a rather terrifying and exciting prospect now that I am at this point in life. I cannot say that I will miss the rigid bell schedule, useless busywork, and early mornings, although I will certainly miss the friends I have made and the teachers who have influenced me greatly.

I know that almost all high school students at some point in their high school careers have thought, just as I did, “When will high school be over! Why do I have to endure this pointless torture!” Despite this thought and general desire to be done with high school, I urge future and current students at Dominion High School to spend their time here wisely and use it to their advantage rather than just to complain about school and have a dreary outlook on their experiences here. I certainly know there were times when I should have been far more productive and adopted a more positive outlook on high school, so make sure you do not make the same mistakes that I made.

Honestly, despite missing some friends, teachers, and certain aspects of Dominion High School, I am still incredibly happy to be leaving. There is a certain extent to which I can endure some of my peers’ immaturity and the more negative aspects of high school, and that extent has been thoroughly tested and reached this year. I wish Dominion High School, its faculty, and its students the best as I move on to other pursuits and adventures.