Snack Shack Terminated

The popular snack destination, The Snack Shack, was shut down in accordance to state laws.

The Snack Shack was a student run operation founded by Nikhil Raheja which gave students the opportunity to purchase candy, drinks, and snacks. The Snack Shack was shut down by the administration on the shack’s one month anniversary.

The Snack Shack was a big success in its first month leaving Raheja with a profit of two hundred dollars. A diverse array of students would frequently purchase snacks from the shack before school, in between classes, and after school. “I originally had a lot of food in my locker and one day my friend gave me the idea of selling it,” Raheja said, leading to the creation of his business.

The administration closed The Snack Shack after one month of operation. Following the termination of the shack, Nikhil Raheja complained to Dominion’s assistant principals and administration about trying to allow his business to reopen.”They (Administration) said it was against LCPS policy, but when I checked the policy there was nothing wrong with selling of food or drink,” Raheja said.

”I am all for student entrepreneurs, but there is a time and a place for it,” Mr. Signorelli said. When asked about punishment for student entrepreneurs Signorelli was not 100% certain about the LCPS policy on the possible subject, however, Mr. Signorelli said the administration would use its discretion on punishment. Additionally the Snack Shack cannot compete with the state run cafeteria by law.

Dominion High School students view of The Snack Shack in very high regard and admiration. ”Being a junior you’re always doing homework in the morning and sometimes it is hard to pack a lunch, so I could always rely on Nikhil for the days I forgot to get something to eat,” said a Snack Shack customer, who asked to stay anonymous.